Monday, May 21, 2012

Dear Pops



I just wanted to write to you today to wish you a Happy Birthday !! It's your first one without us . I hope you are having a ball up there with plenty of pints flowing! It is a strange day , I thought I would be in bits today crying and generally being a mess. Instead I am in great form , must be the sunshine , thanks for that by the way  !


I am getting there Pop I can talk about you without breaking down into a flood of tears . I can look at your pictures and wear your locket and not be engufed with this whirlpool of emotions. I do miss you , sometimes I stil walk in to your kitchen and look to the seat where you should be sitting and expect to see you there. Or when I have to fill the bucket for Nan and have to go in to your turf shed I half expect to have you come out to yell at me for breaking your turf wall . It feels empty without you although you cant take a setp in that house without seeing your face , your picture is everywhere. I have a lovely picture of us up in my house . It is the one from my leaving party , the one in the outback where you finally gave me a kiss when I didn't have to chase you for it !



I have been thinking alot lately bout my life and the things I want  from it. I am sure you've heard the things I have been asking for advice about? I honestly would like your opinion on it , and although I am not sure how the system up there works can you at least try and give me a sign about what you think......


Life for me is going great , the house is lovely and things with Phil are going great. I'm sure you know that already ! Work is a pain in the ass , so I will need your help finding something else and something far better than where I am . Granny is doing well  she is prob sick of the sight of us but we are there esp Ma she is aways there . She is doing alot better of late , slowly but surely coming out the other side. The crappy things that happened are heaing that way too . People still dont speak but on the whole things are alot calmer and less bitchy but I don't think things will ever go back to how they used to be , I reckon you were the glue for our family . Now you are not here we're not held together but at least we are alot closer of late !


Anyway Pops I will stop bending your ear and let you enjoy your day where ever you are . I ill write again if thats ok with you ? I love you and I miss you

Your loving grand daughter

The Magpie


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment