Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Heh everyone ,


Just back from my assessment at the gym.. Oh lord do I have my work cut out for me ! My fabulous instructor Naveen is currently making out my plan for me . He did the whole weighing thing ( by the way I am down an entire pound since my last weigh in !) and he worked our my measurements . I am not happy with those but I guess that is why I am going to the gym in the first place.

What i am surprised about is he gave us a big motivational lecture about having to change our perspectives and the way we relate to our emotions. He was saying how our emotions and mood affect everything in our lives . That if we look at the reasons why we want to loose the weight and focus on that and the emotions around that , that it would make it easier for us because we will want it too happen. He also spoke about believing it will work so instead of me saying I wish was a certain size that I should start to believe I am that size and i will work to get it better . I came away with alot to think about to be honest. The hardest part of this whole process for me  will be changing how I  feel about food and my relationship to food . I love food in fact I would go so far as saying I adore food, but I can recognise that I eat when bored ad stressed and  that I eat the wrong food . See this ties in with what he was saying about the emotions . He said he knew our job and how emotionally draining it is , so to make me feel better after a tough day i turn to quick sugar fixes to lift my spirits which piles on more weight. It is really a vicious circle . I am back in the gym on Sunday at three. I know a Sunday I am dreading it but if I want this to work I have to put the hard yards in. Anywho  My main focus or the next few days is trying to get in to the habit of eating healthy . Which is a massive turn around from my usual eating routine.So where I would usually have my much adored bread I will eat something different fruit or something ..Ooooh Lord


Any way I am off to look up healthy alternatives for my lunches and dinners . Wish me luck !!


Thanks for listening

The Magpie

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment