Friday, May 11, 2012

When Jim passed away like I said I was very all over the place . So on the suggestion of some loved ones I went to see a grievance counsellor . It was weird at first considering the man's name is Jim ! but after the first session I began to open up to him and actually talk . At the same time there was alot of family things happening at the same time. My Grandad was the glue of the family and after he died we all just seemed to fall apart.  At a time when we should have come together we turned on each other . This particular counsellor was set up by the local Parish Centre so he was sort of religious and when I showed him the poem I wrote when I heard it was terminal  , lets just say it made the atmosphere very cold  !


I am constantly told to believe in you
that you're divine blessings are true
Your words , I'm told can save my Soul
I just have to believe in you is all
Each event that happens , according to what I hear
Is all planned to bring us near.
Tell you how much we love and need
We listen because after all you did bleed
For our Sins - To Save our Souls
Not once did you refuse - not at all
You carried the burden, you followed the rules
if we don't believe we're the fools
From when we are small
For any loss that may befall
We're told you wanted them home
To be your angel, and to you they all come.
A forgiving God
A loving father
To this my thoughts covered in fog
The devil i know I'd rather
At least he wouldn lie
he'd look at you and tell you . "you'll die "
Your soul he'd thieve
In that you can believe .
My faith was always shaken
The truths I'm forced fed , i just cant take in
A divinity that's meant to protect me
A being so celestial and free
But answer me this
What do you gain from taking his Soul
and breaking the hearts of us all?
Taking your angel home to be with you
Is this greed a part to be loved in you ?
whats worse is your method
His life was clean , his soul pure
now his body ravaged by a disease with no cure
the pain he feels at the darkening of the day
is unbelievable and kills me to say
A man who done you no wrong
his faith in you was always strong
You've turned your back on his welfare
tell me how is this fair?
I'm in no way thinking him immortal
Sadly I knew this day would eventually befall
But the way it's happening
I cant swallow at all.
what was wrong with him closing his eyes one night
lying side by side with his wife
together they make their journey with no warning
Neither opening their eyes in the morning.
For his life that he lived
no sins to forgive
that would have been nice
now our hearts laden trapped in a vice
watching the demise of the man we adore
willing our hearts not to fall to the floor
wathchng the disease kill him minute by minute
leaving a shell of a man , I just cant believe it
What possible lesson is there to be learned?
what truths do we need to earn?
why hurt this life?
why Slowly kill his wife?
What do you gain
from watching our pain
why do we need to cry
Is all they teach about you a lie!





I can understand why he he was sightly taken aback . He understood where I was coming from and spent alot of time talking about this to me ... My faith is still shaken and I am not sure what I believe in . That's neither here or there to be honest . I am at the point now where I am not angry any more , and I don't cry when I talk about him, which has got to be  a good thing right? I look at him now as a guiding light someone I call on when I feel scared or alone . I write him letters  now just to let him know how things are going for me and whats happening in my life ..


Thanks for listening

The Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment